It's been a mixed couple of weeks with some time in the workshop and also time spent tinkering with this website. I'm please to report that the latter has resulted in better organisation for my online Portfolio and also the first stage of an Online Store. Next stage is to develop more things to sell and think about how to get people to find the shop and want to buy things... not easy to solve but good problems to have.
In the workshop I continued to cut parts for the Gothic Kitchen. The majority of time was spent cutting pockets into 12 oak posts. These pockets will have the walnut pyramids and quilted panels I've cut previously inlayed into them. While the machining of these pockets was easy, the setup was very time consuming. I had to do 3 operations for each post, moving them in-between each setup to their new position. While adjusting them I had to ensure accuracy, keeping them straight and indexing so the tool was the right distance after each cut to ensure even spacing. This worked well and they are all now complete. In photos 1 and 2 below you can see a post on the CNC and the pile of posts part way through cutting.
The 3rd image below shows a prototype for the door for the kitchen. This carving will be repeated across the whole panel and should look amazing with its contrast of sharp corners and concave curves. I'll hopefully get to that soon, next week I'll be re-engineering the cabinet door panels to get them ready to cut all the components and making some more small components for inlay.
The second row of photos below shows things I've made in the past few months actually in use. The first is the magnetic key holder which is proving to be very handy at home. The second and third show items made for our Holiday Cottage, including the shelves I made to fit an awkward space with a CeorfanBird and bowl on display.
The last row of photos is something I've been working on this week for my Friday (and Saturday). At this stage you'll either recognise it or not from the photos so I'll not reveal anymore until its glued and finished next week. It will be larger than life though that I can promise...